amongst books

amongst books

Friday, May 12, 2006

Lust for Life: Tales of Sex and Love

is holding a reading at Venus Envy on Friday May 19 at 8:30 pm. 3 of the writers featured in the anthology published by Vehicule Press will read: Barry Webster, Nairne Holtz, and Harold Hoefle. I picked up the anthology because I submitted story after story for the call for submission and came close to getting in, but...alas no. It's really great. Unless life makes other plans, I plan to attend. My favourite story from the anthology was Charity In Her Flesh by Mathew Anderson who will not be part of the reading unfortunately. It's about a woman who gets naked en route to the altar at her wedding. Interesting to see who joins in.

Many of the writers in the anthology are from Montreal, but one is from Ottawa, which is cool. Yet one more reason to love Montreal.

I feel the urge to write erotica once more. Perhaps I will need to go to Montreal for inspiration/exploration.

1 comment:

John W. MacDonald said...

The event sounds good. Thanks for the head's up.