amongst books

amongst books

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Come join me at the El Dorado Reading Series

this thursday, august 28.

open set begins at 8pm and sometime after that is the feature. this time it's me.
i'm planning to read 8 planets speaking in tongues and my chapbook "Eleanor" (above/ground press, 2007). i miss Eleanor so i thought this would be a good opportunity to call on her again. or at least her ghost.

for the hungry and thirsty, the evening begins with dinner at 7pm; reservations suggested.

Leonardo's Ristorante
112 Pamila (across from Pub Italia on Preston; just a few blocks north of Carling Ave.)
613-238-1156

El Dorado is a series that has been running for some years (formerly at Rasputin's) and as far as i know it is the only Ottawa reading series to feature poetry and music in many languages. A few of my Eleanor poems have been translated into Spanish for the occasion. A good friend and literary stalwart, Juan O'Neill, who died a few years ago, used to tell me great things about the series. I'm hoping to see old friends and make some new ones.

Hope to see you there. I'm using whatever mojo I can to get rid of the froggy in my throat from this cold by then...or is it an old boll weevil looking for a home...

No comments: