amongst books

amongst books

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ottawater # 7 and its launch

hello all,

tomorrow night at 7pm at the Carleton Tavern, upstairs, please come join me and a bunch of others featured in Ottawater.com # 7. i will be reading from my plunderverse published in the issue: "Into the Wild with Breathing Fire 2: an incomplete compendium of birds, beasts, bugs, fish, flowers, weeds, herbs, trees and the rain"

Ottawater is an annual on line PDF magazine put together by rob mclennan and featururing writing, art, photography and interviews by current and former Ottawans. i look forward to the issue every year in that it gives me a chance to read a bit more detail about some of the writers i know and to discover ones new to me.

this year i'm particularly excited that my interview with the dazzlingly creative John Lavery is included and also a wee note I wrote singing the praises of his linguistic prowess in his fiction and music.

Please go to www.ottawater.com and click on issue # 7 and if you're in town, come hear a bunch of us read tomorrow evening. it'll be my first reading post-surgery and i'm looking forward to clinking ginger ale cans with you.

No comments: