amongst books

amongst books

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Disappeared en route to Betelgeuse – May 8th 2011 10:22 AM - John Lavery

Disappearing

which way to the airfield?
tell me can I get there from here?
I'm travelling last class
to Betelgeuse, Deneb, Altair
and points beyond

learn to live without, learn to live within
the motto of the cosmic traveller
sleep tight between the spirit and the skin
make your home the horizon

I'm disappearing
tell me can I get there from here?

I'm ditching my high time,
my single space, and my andro's fear
and I'm moving on

nothing to recall, nothing to declare
the visa of the cosmic traveller
thanks for choosing Labyrinthine Air
we kiss your abyss any new where

we're six-shooting starlings
we're blonde, blue-eyed crows
junkyard swans caked with mud

we can't talk
if you hold me down

white, prairie petrels
we're larks lost at sea
brownbirds of paradise

the word is
when birds die
they fall to the ground

Did you sleep well?
The kitchen's closed,
I don't cook for bed lugs.

Coffee?
It's cold. You'll have to
make some yourself.

John Lavery

----

John passed away this morning. His wife Claire sent me the above lyrics so share with all of you. I wish John well on his journey. Charles and I will miss him.

1 comment:

LM Rochefort said...

Thanks for sharing this Amanda.