amongst books

amongst books

Sunday, February 05, 2012

Help this man make music

Today is Glenn Nuotio's 40th birthday. He is one of Ottawa's talented creatives. he is a piano player, song writer & peformer from Newfoundland who we are lucky to have in Ottawa for the last few years. He writes songs with intelligent, playful & witty lyrics. Glenn Nuotio is a wee bit of Montparnasse or Berlin of the 20s/30s reborn.

His EP made a few years ago is beautiful. Go listen to Crazy in Biloxi & other songs.

& then, donate a few dollars to his campaign here.

here are a few words on the project from Glenn:

"This February, I turn 40 . Rather than sit and think of 40 as the "Old Age of Youth" as Victor Hugo wrote, I'm glad to have a great music community around me, a wide circle of friends and a lot of love in my life. I'm going to use this year to make my so far elusive debut album. I've performed in Canada for many years now, including events like Ottawa Bluesfest, Halifax Pride, The Ottawa International Writers Festival, WestFest, and the Magnetic North Theatre Festival, but this year in Ottawa , I've found the best possible creative team I can think of and I realize it's time. My new project, a full debut album will be an incredible project involving some of the best musicians and engineers in Canada."

happy birthday, Glenn Nuotio. thanks for coming to Ottawa & helping to make our city a lively & creative place to live.

No comments: