amongst books

amongst books

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Help Chaudiere Books Rebuild

My publisher has started an Indiegogo campaign to raise $5000 to help them in their challenging rebuilding year. There are some lovely perks in exchange for your support. I hope you’ll help them out.

I say often enough how much I love Ottawa’s literary community & rob has been one of its key driving forces. Not only does he promote, publish & support writers, but he also promotes our literary activity to the world by writing reviews & essays, organizing readings, & distributing books & chapbooks hither & yon.

Christine is a brilliant writer in her own right & a skilled book designer. This combination is powerful & I can’t wait to see what they create together. Especially with the assistance of young Rose, their darling almost toddler.

If you are regular followers of my blog, you are likely involved with books in some capacity, whether a reader, writer, small press publisher, literary event organizer, librarian etc. I don’t have to tell you how challenging it is to run a publishing company today, especially one that specializes in literary fiction & poetry.

Chaudiere Books has already achieved a great deal in its first few years. One of its authors, Monty Reid, was the recipient of the Archibald Lampman Award for the Chaudiere Books title, Disappointment Island. Other books from the Chaudiere Books catalogue have been shortlisted for awards.

What is more important to me is that the books that Chaudiere has published so far have been engaging & if Chaudiere wasn’t around, I’m not sure these books would have been published.

I am ever so pleased that they are publishing Kiki, a book I worked on for several years & put my heart & soul into. Without them, this book wouldn’t be experiencing the brush of your fingertips over its pages in the near future.


I stand behind Chaudiere Books & its goals to foster writers & to share great writing with the world. I hope you will join me in doing so by contributing much needed funds to its campaign

No comments: