amongst books

amongst books

Wednesday, February 04, 2015

my work featured on Jacket2, notes by rob mclennan

rob mclennan continues the conversation of contemporary poetics in this latest series of notes on Canadian poetry published in the Australian on line magazine, Jacket2. I am fortunate to be included in the series with his notes on several of my poetry projects, including my current work-in-progress, Saint Ursula’s Commonplace Book. Note that I will be reading from the work on February 7 at the Factory Reading Series, February 18 at the Sawdust Reading Series and in March at VERSeFest, where I will also read from Kiki.  I will do my best to read from different sections of these works so that those of you who are good enough to attend multiple readings won’t be bored.
I am grateful to the City of Ottawa for the funding I have received for Saint Ursula’s Commonplace Books, Kiki and Ghazals Against the Gradual Demise. Thanks also to the Ontario Arts Council, which also funded the latter two manuscripts while they were in development.

Here are rob’s Jacket2 notes so far from latest to earliest:

- Amanda Earl: Excerpts from Saint Ursula’s Commonplace Book 
- A short interview with Armand Garnet Ruffo
- David McGimpsey: Three new poems
- The Canadian prose poem : Notes toward an essay I haven’t quite written
- Annharte’s AKA Inendagosekwe
- A short interview with Nikki Reimer
- jwcurry's archive
- Roland Prevost: two new poems
- Pearl Pirie: two new poems
- Chris Turnbull's endless directions
- Gil McElroy's cartography
- Selecting Phil Hall

thanks to rob for all he does and for including me once again.


for those of you who haven’t heard of Jacket2, I  highly recommend it as a resource on modern poetry and poetics. it includes interviews, articles, panel discussions, podcasts and more. For example, take a read of this interesting panel discussion of poetry as music led by Anselm Berrigan or this article on the new face of Chinese poetry.

1 comment:

Mark McCawley said...

Well deserved attention and praise. Rob is seldom, if ever, off the mark.