amongst books

amongst books

Sunday, June 14, 2015

a visual poetry interpretation of the Bible

I’ve decided to begin work on a visual poetry adaptation of the Bible, starting with the Old Testament. I’m doing this for many reasons. The work is meant to be an offering of love and a blessing relating to my health crisis. It is not meant to be heretical or polemic. There are many who interpret the Bible quite literally to use to support bigoted agendas. I do  not support such interpretations or attitudes. I hope this is obvious. But the Bible is an important work, both from the point of view of religion and literature. It is the source of numerous great works that I love and engage with, such as Milton’s Paradise Lost and Dante’s Divine Comedy. It has been the inspiration for art, theatre and music and poets, such as William Blake. Now it will be my inspiration for visual poetry. I don’t know how much of it I will post on line or what I will do with the work as far as publication goes. I doubt it will be finished in my lifetime.


You can keep in touch with the project via my visual poetry blog. & on Twitter on my @KikiFolle account  via the hashtag. #vispoBible

No comments: