amongst books

amongst books

Wednesday, August 05, 2015

One Thing: Gary Barwin

THREE

balance the sugar packets
three storeys high perfect
like this poem

Sir, do you need Police, Fire or Ambulance?
Sorry? Police, Fire or Ambulance?
Police, police. What's going on?  What's going on?

floating on my back in the river
ears immersed
the sound of my own heart










Your Invitation: 

tell me or show me one thing. it doesn’t have to be profound. it could be visual or written or a combo of both.  it could be about your work; it could be about some film or tv show you’ve watched or a coffee place you like. it could be short or long. i’ll post it along with a link of your choice to your work or somewhere else. disclaimer: i might choose not to post if it doesn’t suit me.
your reward? send me your mailing address & i’ll send you something whimsical…
it’s getting a tad quiet out there this summer & i think we need an injection of whimsy.
so fire away. svp. amanda at angelhousepress dot com

No comments: