amongst books

amongst books

Friday, March 04, 2016

the March Hare of the dog that bit you (aka readings, updates)

This Sunday, March 6, I read from Kiki at the venerable LitLive series in Hamilton. I'm excited to read with my fellow features, to see old pals & to meet new ones. I'll bring copies of Kiki for you, if you are going.

I've applied to several reading series in Toronto & Montreal, so wish me luck. If you know of a reading series within train riding distance of Ottawa, please let me know.

I have read so far in Ottawa & Toronto & wouldn't mind taking Kiki on the road. She will likely misbehave: c'est la vie.

I'm working on a couple of poetry chapbooks but i'll keep mum about their publication dates, if any.

I received a lovely grant from the Ontario Arts Council's Writers Reserve Program, thanks to a recommendation by Hamilton Arts & Letters for which I am very grateful.

I have a FaceBook fan page for anyone who wants to receive occasional notes on my writing, upcoming readings & publications, should you wish to join.

I hope to see you at VERSeFest, Ottawa's annual poetry festival. It takes place from March 15 to March 20. You can purchase early bird passes here. I intend to go to as many readings as I'm capable of & perhaps take place in a late night shenanigan or two.








In the meantime, I'll be riding the rails 500 kilometers to Steel Town. If you have music to recommend for the journey, please advise...

I leave you with this Train Playlist i made over on YouTube.

& here are 107 songs about trains on Spotify.

No comments: