amongst books

amongst books

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Impromptu #24: a body of secrets

Craig Dworkin’s prompt asks us to fill in an erasure poem. I thought immediately of Mary Ruefle. My source text was her erasure of “Melody: The Story of a Child.” Page 15. from Gwarlingo, a fascinating site that is chock full of art, poetry and other brilliant miscellany curated by Michelle Aldredge.

Here's the cropped original erasure:









Here's my fill in:









Thanks to Craig for the prompt. It’s a superb idea. I will likely turn this into something longer.

Play along!

For those of you who are just joining us, 
The Found Poetry Review is celebrating National Poetry Month by offering daily experimental writing prompts from writers. I will be responding to them at poetic whim.

No comments: