amongst books

amongst books

Sunday, April 03, 2016

IMPROMPTU # 3: staring at water

Nico Vassilakis prompt today is a visual poetry prompt, to stare at a word until the letters “start to discorporate.” One of the things I like about creating visual poetry is that it causes me to see the letters, not just as the combination that creates a particular word, but also as an image. What tends to interest me is the white space between, how its shape changes depending on the intersection of letters in a given word. here is the result of my staring at the word “water” and the white space.

Thanks to Nico for the prompt.

Play along!

For those of you who are just joining us, The Found Poetry Review is celebrating National Poetry Month by offering daily experimental writing prompts from writers. I will be responding to them at poetic whim.

8 comments:

Marilyn B said...

This is wonderfully imaginative.

Amanda Earl said...

thanks, Marilyn. it was fun to ponder & make.

Vinita said...

Skillfully presented! Loved it.

Amanda Earl said...

thanks, Vinita!

Charlotte said...

I think yours is the closest to a vispo I've seen. Bravo!

Amanda Earl said...

thanks, Charlotte. vispo is something i do, so this was a natural fit for me. see EleanorIncognito.Blogspot.ca for more of my work, if you so desire :)

spacedlaw said...

Lovely!

Amanda Earl said...

thanks!