amongst books

amongst books

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Upcoming Readings - November: Ottawa & Montreal

I wasn't expecting to be a feature at anymore readings this year; I've had a very full year with numerous readings: Hamilton, Ottawa, Montreal, from Parliament Hill to cafes and bars. 

So it is with some delight that I received invitations for three readings. Due to a scheduling conflict, I won't be able to attend one of the readings alas, but here are the two I will be attending.

1. Sunday, November 6, 2016
Railroad at Pressed, 750 Gladstone, 3pm
Featured readers are me, Suzanna Derewicz, Bywords selectors Carol A. Stephen and JC Sulzenko. There is also an open mic. Hope you can attend if you're in town.

I will be reading new poems from "Grace: city poems under the influence of Jeff Buckley, Helene Cixoux, Djuna Barnes, the seasons, melancholy and gin." I am grateful to have received funding from the Ontario Arts Council and the City of Ottawa for this manuscript. I'll be doing about a 15-minute reading. Please go to the FB event page for more information

2. Monday, November 7, 2016, Vallum Magazine and Chapbook Launch Montreal
The Emerald, 5295 av du Parc, doors 7pm; readings 7:30pm
Poets reading: JERAMY DODDS, MEGAN CALLAHAN, ALEXEI PERRY COX, AARON BOOTHBY,
GREG SANTOS, AMANDA EARL, ILONA MARTONFI, JAY RITCHIE.
Issue 13.2, "the Wild" will be launched, along with two new chapbooks by YUSUF SAADI and JAN ZWICKY.
I'm reading a few poems from a section of "Grace" entitled "Electric Garden." These are poems that deal with entering menopause, the mood swings, the wild sex drive...did i mention the mood swings?
If you are in Montreal, please come by, say hi, buy me a drink & enjoy luscious poesie from some very fine poets & me! Here's the FB event page.

Information about these readings and other Amanda-stuff is available on my site. I'm also co-hosting a podcast, "The Small Machine Talks" with Ottawa poet and editor, a.m. kozak. we've had three episodes so far. give it a listen on soundcloud.

November is always a month that I am keen to celebrate, for reasons some of you probably know. I look forward to a month-long, joy-filled time of shenanigans, love, lust, friendship and mischief. I hope you will join me.


No comments: